Thursday 16 June 2011

A Good Religious Teacher Shines Like a Priceless Jewel..."





                  Truly Religious Teacher -- Part I (Sadguru Tattva Part I)


Shrimadji explained with a beautiful example....


Father - -  Son! Who is your teacher in your school?


Son - - Father! My teacher is a very learned Brahmin and a man of right understanding.


Father - - How are his speech and character?


Son - - He speaks very sweet words; he is never calling anybody without giving him due honour and respect. 


He is never inconsiderate. 


He is very deep in his thinking. 


His words are felt by us as soft and fine as flowers. 


He never insults anybody and he teaches us good lessons with proper patience and right understanding.


Father - - Please let me know why do you go to him?


Son - - Father! Why do you ask this question to me? 


I know you are sending me to learn skill from him so that I may be wise in my worldly life, that I may learn proper method of good behavior to make my life successful and fruitful, that I may learn from him lessons of good moral conduct.


Father - - Suppose your teacher was of bad character or wrong behavior?


Son- - O! Then it would be quite wrong and harmful to me. 


I would have learnt his bad character and also would have learnt to use bad language in behavior with others. 


Who then would teach us good conduct for leading a moral life?


Father - - O Son! From this I can teach you a best lesson. 


As for worldly life good moral conduct should necessarily be learnt, so to know right religion and proper religious discipline is necessary for preparing essential requisite for a better future birth. 


Just as lessons of good moral life can only be given or taught by a good moral teacher, so lessons of good religious life can be taught by the best preceptor or religious teacher. 


Naturally there is much difference between a good moral teacher and a good religious teacher. 


A good moral teacher is only a prismatic piece; a good religious teacher shines like a priceless jewel.


Son - - O my protector (Shirachhatra)! What you say is quite correct. 


There is a perfect need for a teacher of right religion. 


You have many a time told me about many unending miseries of this world and to get over all these miseries of worldly life, only right religion can be most helpful. 


Then please let me know by what kind of a teacher we can be initiated into right religious life? 


Shrimad Rajchandra  (Mokshmala Lesson 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment