Wednesday 30 March 2011

"Only for my own welfare I beg forgiveness..."




Prayer For Forgiveness

O God! I blundered a lot. I paid no heed to your invaluable words. I did not think over incomparable Tattva(Divine Truth) as told by you. I did not respect the adorable best conduct as preached by you. I did not recognize the worth of mercy, peace, forgiveness and piousness advocated by you.


I blundered, wandered, roamed and have fallen into a ditch of miseries of this endless Samsar (cycle of births and deaths). I am sinful. I am puffed up with great pride and am impure, being wrapped in with particles of Karmas.


Oh Paramatma! (The Great God) There is no deliverance for me without (worshipping) the Tattva shown by your good grace. I am constantly engrossed in the intricacies of the world. I have become blind with ignorance; I am bereft of discriminating power; and I am indiscriminate, supportless and helpless.


O, Attachment-free Paramatma! Now I accept your shelter and the shelter of your Dharma and your Muni(Saint). It is my sincere wish that my guilts getting destroyed, I be free from all sins. I repent now for sins committed before. The more I move inside with deep subtle thinking, the more my indentity is enlightended by the astonishing qualities of your Tattva.


O, God! you are un-attached, un-emotional, the emodiment fo Sat, Chit, and Anand (ever-existence, knowledge and bliss), with innate joy, limitless knowledge and limitless perception. Truly you are the illuminator of three worlds.


Only for my own welfare I beg forgiveness, you as witness. Let it ever be my yearning and desire that never for a moment I be put into a doubt about the Tattva told by you and day and night I remain on the path shown by your grace.


O, Omniscient God! What more shall I say? There is nothing unknown to you. Only by repentance I pray for forgiveness of Karma-generated sins.


Om Peace, Peace, Peace. 
(Mokshamala: Lesson No. 56)

No comments:

Post a Comment