Tuesday 29 November 2011

"The Concept Of Loving Even a Murderer..."





"On November 15 1921 Gandhiji said from the chairmanship of Shrimad Rajchandraji's birthday celebrations in Ahmedabad, 


'My contact with Raichandbhai was not for one day. 


I exactly remember the house, where i had been soon after landing at Bombay by the end of June 1891. 


Dr. Mehta and Rewashankar Jagjivan introduced me to him. 


From that time our contact remained very close till the end of his life. 


I have written several times that i have taken a lot from many people, but the maximum I have taken is from the life of Shrimadji. 


Even the religion of compassion I have learnt from His life... 


He taught me the concept of loving even a murderer. 


I have drunk from Him the bowlfuls of that concept. 


He frequently used to say, 'I can bear, if someone pierces knives all over the body, but it is not possible to bear the lies, intrigues and wickedness going on in the world, to bear the knife of irreligion prevailing in the name of religion.'


I have seen Him several times boiling over the brutality. 


For Him the entire universe was like a relation. 


The grief, which we experience on witnessing the death of our brother or sister, occurred to Him on seeing the misery of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment